If you own a company, you need good insurance coverage to keep your business and personal assets safe. You may have heard of a Business Owner’s Policy or BOP. Here’s what’s included and how to get BOP insurance in West Bloomfield, MI.
Two Types Of Insurance, Combined
A Business Owner’s Policy combines two different types of insurance that most, if not all, business owners need – property and liability insurance. Instead of purchasing each kind of coverage and managing them separately, you’ll have one policy that covers the various types of claims you or someone else can make.
- Property insurance. This covers damage against your owned or rented business property, like fire, theft, and vandalism.
- General liability insurance. This protects you from claims made against your business from people who may have been injured on your property, disgruntled employees, etc. It also covers defamation and libel.
- Business income insurance. This is also called business interruption insurance and helps cover income loss while your property is damaged and unusable.
What Else Can I Add?
You can also add other types of business insurance to your BOP policy, like:
- Workers’ compensation insurance. Workers’ comp is generally required if you have employees and covers the cost of lost wages and medical care for employees who are hurt on the job.
- Professional liability insurance. This covers lawsuits filed by anyone who claims your professional services or advice caused them to incur a loss.
- Data breach insurance. This covers financial losses associated with hacking and data breaches, including IT service, new hardware and software, and compliance fines.
- Auto insurance. If your business utilizes one or more company vehicles, you’ll need a comprehensive auto insurance policy to cover accidents.
Need good business insurance coverage in West Bloomfield, MI? Phil Klein Insurance Group serves your area. Call today at (248) 682-7445