In our beautiful state of Michigan, we could be prone to unfortunate natural disasters such as tornados, floods, and winter storms. Severe weather is a common occurrence in this state. Because of this, you must protect your home against these occurrences with adequate home insurance. We at Phil Klein Insurance Group serving the West Bloomfield, MI area are here for you to find the right insurance for your home.
Prepare Before the Disaster
To prepare for a natural disaster, you must review your policy every year with your agent. If you have a question or a concern about a specific thing your policy doesn’t cover, don’t hesitate to follow up with your agent. Some other useful ways to protect your home before a disaster include:
- Take photos of items in each room in your house.
- Create a detailed inventory list of valuables not in your photos.
- Keep a copy of all insurance cards and declaration pages.
- Make a list of important telephone numbers to call.
What About After a Disaster?
There are also a few things you must do after a disaster occurs. One of the first things you must do is to contact your insurance agent or your insurance company’s toll-free number as soon as possible. Be sure to take lots of pictures of the damage and to make a list of personal property damaged. Some of the other vital things you must do after experiencing damage to your home include:
- While you are obligated to make temporary repairs, you must not make any permanent ones until your insurance company has inspected the damage.
- Ask your insurance agent if your policy covers temporary lodging until repairs are made to your home.
Contact Us for Home Insurance Coverage
You must take serious measures to protect your home against natural disasters. If you live in the West Bloomfield, MI area, contact our office to set an appointment with one of our agents to find the right home insurance coverage for you.